I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!!! Though it is not the highest honor in Literature, I feel privileged and touched and I want to thank Birgit for nominating me. Birgit (http//www.grooveisintheheart.co.za) has a beautiful blog and writes about travel and everyday things. We also discovered that we have a few things in common, like finding reality oppressive.
Blogging has been on my to do list for years, but I started working on it just 4 months ago. I wasn’t sure what I would write about or who my audience would be, but decided to give it a try. It has been really nice being part of the blogging community, with varied personalities, writing styles and thinking. I feel my world has expanded. Sometimes I feel I know people, just by the way they write, and that is a very nice feeling! Thank you to all those who read my blog, you make my days.:)
Here are 10 things about me:
- I am an Occupational therapist and have a master’s degree in Psychology. I have never been sure which of two I relate better to, I’m happy being a bit of both!
- I work in the Neonatal Intensive care unit and am passionate about my work, there is nothing I rather do.
- I have a son aged 6 and a daughter aged 4 and worry a lot about my parenting skills, and wonder very often if I’m getting it right.
- I am a bookworm, according to my mom even before I could read! I would like to publish a book some day.
- I love studying too (my friends think I’m nuts!), at the moment trying to learn statistics (I can hear the ugh :)) and German!!!
- I am an idealist who thought I could change the world, but that was long time back.
- My sense of injustice is ever active, but I feel very hopeless when there is nothing I can do to change it.
- I love music, and would love to dust my violin, piano and recorder and play….
- I am quite critical of myself and am improvising all the time, at least trying to.
- Oh…. I can’t think of anything else about me….
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the My Liebster award 2016:
http//zachsmith98.wordpress.com- Who writes such beautiful and touching poetry.
http//asklychee.com- Who is completely honest in all her posts.
http//transcribingmemory- Who finds new meaning in the past.
http//bohemiancaveman.com- Who write about thought provoking things.
http//myblogforlife.wordpress.com- Who writes about everything!
Liebster Award rules
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a short description about your favourite blog and include a link to it.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, and who have fewer than 1000 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the blogger the happy news that you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn more about it (they might not have even heard of it!)
- Congratulations to the nominees and happy blogging!