How lovely it is for girls to get together and just chill out in a dark, dingy and cheap place. What a stress buster!
I would recommend it to all of our species (similar to the one in the picture above)- whether unmarried, married, with one, three or more offspring, divorced, widowed or dying.
It should be declared absolutely essential to our races’ existence.
Some things that should be kept in mind are:
- Say whatever you want, filtering through the frontal brain is totally superfluous. Whether it is the bosses’ sexist comments that made you cringe, the cute new colleague, the arrogant other female, the ex’s new girlfriend, it really doesn’t matter, because no one is listening to you anyway.
- Your conversations need not have a beginning, an end or a common thread, each comment made is independent of the others and has no relation to the previous comment or conversations of the other individuals.
- It doesn’t matter if you have just told them the latest news on the whatsapp group, what’s the harm in saying it again? Refer point one.
- Make sure your husband/ better half/ the left out friend has no idea who you are with or where you are. For all references, “Honey, I’m at an important meeting- I’m sorry, I’ll be late.” Will do.
- Note that the get together may be suddenly interrupted by an upset spouse, an unexpected call by the mother in law, a lonely lover or an injured child. Then you disperse with a laugh, quickly and pretend nothing ever happened.
At the end of this ordeal which may last anything from minutes to hours, you will find that you have become a better human being and that all your problems have vanished. Apart from that, you are equipped with the latest techniques to handle a grumpy or disobedient husband, on how to be kind to your kids and an effective home manager.
And whenever you find that your are not being all of that, you know that it’s time to repeat a girly date again!